Saturday, March 13, 2010

Back on Track






The Road to Moscow and ultimately to Kolya was a bit uncertain over the last few weeks. I should never have doubted the higher call in this and for that I am so sad I did. But I am really pretty new to some of these things. I can really only describe the journey so far as a feeling of doing what I am supposed to do. A guidance from above. But in the end I had to make sure that our finances were in order in order to continue down this path towards Kolya. Thursday we got our answers. And now we go full steam ahead. Hoping against all hope that the third time is a charm. Yes this is my third dossier prep! Third country! Third time holding onto hope that we will be parents sooner then later.

So now we run.. full steam ahead. Thursday my I-600 a was sent off to Texas. Ugh I forgot to enclose my letter telling them that I have already accepted a referral, and listing Brian as needing to get fingerprinted. So Have to figure out how to get a letter to them! Friday I spent the day chasing papers. Apostilles to be exact. Russia has a CRAZY amount of paperwork. And I have just funded someone's salary at the Department of State. I was lucky enough to have found out that Apostilles in Delaware are MUCH cheaper then Pennsylvania. So I only had to get half of my documnets done in Pa. At $15 a document. The other half $30 for ALL. Don't quite understand that. Why such a difference in cost from state to state?

So here they are.. the pretty gold stamps that the foreign countries like to see! The folder they are being kept in and a few photos from the State Capitol. Timeline now? Hmm who knows. My expectation is the paperwork will be delivered to Indianna this week. They will be Translated, certified at the Russian embassy and then filed with the ministry in Moscow. That should take about two weeks. Then any time after that I should be able to get on a plane to cross the pond yet again. This time a new destination. Another city, more geography to cover.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

OOOOHH!!! Hoping with you! And praying too!