Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Borovichi (WHAT??) Боровичи

I learn this morning that our travels are not over. Kolya is in Borovichi. WHere??? Back the other direction. Borovichi is 2 hours (on a very rustic road. Again think Tevia ). Borovichi is 2 hours east of V. Novgorod. At least closer to Moscow for the return trip. So off we head. Awake this time I watch as we get more and more rustic. And finally there are no houses. No signs of people AT ALL. There are some occasional trucks we pass on the very worn road. Penn Dot looks good compared to this! More imagination here. I can almost see and feel the presence of WWII soldiers in these woods. I am going to have to do some research on that and fight out how much if any of WWII was fought on these grounds. Borovichi is a booming metropolis. Well relatively speaking. Metal and brick industry keeps this town alive. The fire brick industry employs 90% of the population of Borovichi. And in the center.... A Hotel called Olymp. Inside the hotel... An indoor water park that would put most swimming pools at home to shame. I hope I can grab a photo of the pool before I leave. More on Borovichi history later!!! And photos.. I think I may just do a post of travel photos with labels rather then try to insert them in these posts. Will be easier.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I can't wait for the photos! What an adventrure you are on Ann! You are so very brave!