Monday, April 5, 2010

Russia Day one.. more travel..

Ay.... I knew this was a long road but yeesh. Today was a travel day. Not much to report at all. Other then I slept almost the whole 7 hour drive from Moscow to Veliky Novgorod. (ok insert geography lesson here) In Russia there are two Novgorods. I knew this and I had a 50/50 chance on a map. I was wrong. So instead of 7 hours south east of Moscow, I am headed 7 hours North West of Moscow. Veliky Novgorod translates to New Novgorod. And is the I suppose capital of Novgorod Oblast. More history on this later.... And will eventually get to why! Details to come! On the way to Novgorod I slept as I mentioned before..... but would occasionally peak my eyes to see the sites. Well we could have been driving in circles. Everything, every highway, every um town? looked the same very Anotovka looking houses. I kept expecting to see Tevia on top of a roof with a fiddle. MAHIA!!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I LOVE Fiddler on the Roof! Tradition!